Sunday, October 15, 2006

This Court Is Now In Session

The business before the court:

Pretrial hearing:

1. Choose the participants for the prosecution, and for the defense.

2. Decide what charges will be filed against the United States government.

3. Come to a mutually agreed upon set of rules of evidence, and rules for presenting evidence. For example, the evidence for the prosecution could be presented as 1 post, with 1 post allotted to the defense for "cross-examination." The prosecution could then be allotted 1 final, brief post to redirect. The defense would then present its case under the same rules. Evidence might include documents, statements, videos, maybe even direct testimony (depending on the initiative of the prosecution and defense teams). Anything goes in the comments, of course.

Trial:

4. Present opening arguments for defense and prosecution. Edit: My original target date for opening arguments is turning out to be a little too ambitious, so I'm going to leave this open-ended for now. Meanwhile, I'll continue scouring the various forums out there for the strongest possible candidates to argue the case for each side, and sending emails where I can get an address.




If you have suggestions, or would like to participate in the moderated portion of the trial, send me an email: ontrial911 ****at**** hotmail.com. Obviously, ****at**** = @. If you'd like to participate for the prosecution, or for the defense, write me a version of what you would use as your opening statements - in a page or less, in the body of the email, I won't open attachments. If I've already emailed you an invitation to participate the opening statement won't be necessary - I just want to make sure that both sides receive the best possible representation. Thanks.

No comments: